Reviewed on: January 11,2016

Am thinking about getting a divorce from a inmate. How do i go about getting the papers to him. He is unaware of the divorce.

Asked: January 10,2016
Ask the inmate answer
Getting a divorce from an inmate is very much the same as if he were not incarcerated. You would file the papers with the family court and have a process server hand deliver the lawsuit to the inmate. The staff will receive the process server in the administration building and call the inmate to their office. There, the papers would be handed directly to the inmate, thereby being officially served. Once he takes possession of them, it is up to him to respond in a timely fashion.
Accepted Answer Date Created: January 11,2016

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!

Want to ask a Lawyer online now? I can connect you ...