Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: October 22,2018

How do i file a complaint against a prison

Asked: October 21,2018
Ask the inmate answer

To submit a complaint about a prison, you must file through the US Department of Justice. Explain your example of mistreatment of an inmate. This may fall under violations of the Equal Protection Clause of the United States Constitution. The Special Litigation Section enforces the constitutional rights of people held in state or local government institutions, such as prisons, jails, juvenile correctional facilities, mental health facilities, developmental disability or mental retardation facilities, and nursing homes.

Contact the Special Litigation Section at 202-514-6255. You may also write to:

U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Special Litigation Section, PHB
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20530

Accepted Answer Date Created: October 22,2018

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!