Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: April 16,2017

How hard is it to divorce an inmate?

MY KID'S dad is in prison and I'm asking him for a divorce how long can he fight me on this? Will the prison help him get attorney?

Asked: April 10,2017
Ask the inmate answer

You can file for and receive a divorce from an inmate, as long as the presiding judge does not hold it up - for reasons that might have to do with the incarceration. The inmate is NOT provided an attorney but will have to respond to the documents that are served to him in the prison. He can hire an outside attorney to file for him or do it himself (sometimes with the assistance of a paralegal inmate that helps others do things like this for a few bags of tuna).

Accepted Answer Date Created: April 11,2017

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!