Baldwin County Detention Center - Visitation
Visitation Rules/Making an Appointment
Appointments may be made by calling 251-580-2581.
There will be no appointments made on Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays, or Holidays.
The following times are made available to make the visitation appointment(s): Monday and Thursday 12:00 - 3:30 and 4:30 - 8:00pm Tuesday and Friday 7:30 - 11:00 and 12:00 - 3:00pm
The following are times available for visits during normal work days:
- Monday and Thursday 12:30-1:00pm, 1:30-2:00pm, 2:30-3:00pm 5:30-6:00pm, 6:30-7:00pm. 7:30-8:00pm
- Wednesday - No visitation
- Tuesday and Friday 8:00-8:30am, 9:00-9:30am, 10:00-10:30am, 12:30-1:00pm 1:30-2:00pm, 2:30-3:00pm
- Holiday: The inmate will be notified as to any changes to the " normal" visitation schedule due to holidays and /or any special commitments.
Rules for Visitation:
The following are the rules as they are presented to the general public:
- If you have not made an appointment at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of your visit, you will not be allowed in the Center.
- You may sign in up to 15 minutes prior to the visit.
- All visitors entering the Center are subject to search by Correctional Staff.
- You must have a valid state issued Driver’s License or ID. All children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Each inmate is allowed two visits per week on separate days
- Any missed (no show) visitations that were scheduled will count towards the allowed amount during that week
- Visits are limited to 25 minutes for video visitation. You must make your own appointment.
- Only 4 persons may visit with an inmate at a time; this includes children.
- All personal property will be left outside the confines of the Center. No cell phones, baby strollers, purses, books, pocket knives, handbags, keys, cigarettes, lighters, etc., will be authorized.
- Unsupervised or unruly children will not be allowed in the Center and will result in termination of the visit.
- Visits may be terminated for any emergency situation which may arise.
- Inappropriate clothing will result in the visit not taking place. Inappropriate clothing includes short shorts, halter tops, tank tops, strapless tops, sleeveless tops, extremely tight clothing, low cut, V-neck or see-through blouses, short/mini dresses or dresses with slits up the thigh, caps, bandannas, or house shoes. Shorts must come to the knee! All visitors must wear undergarments. The Visitation Officer has the final decision on the visitor’s attire.
- The following visitors will not be allowed: Known felons, persons confined in the past 6 months
Violating Visitation Policy:
Visiting privileges may be cancelled, denied, restricted, and/or suspended under the following circumstances, but not limited to:
• Visitors found to be in violation of the rules will be subject to temporary or permanent suspension of visiting privileges or other appropriate action.
• Inmates found in violation of the rules will be subject to temporary or permanent suspension of visiting privileges or other appropriate action.
- (2) or more unattended scheduled visitation appointments within a 30-day period may result in suspension of video privileges.