Angelina County Juvenile Center

County Juvenile

Last Updated: May 24, 2019
705 Ellen Trout Drive | PO Box 222, Lufkin, TX 75902

Angelina County Juvenile Center is for County Juvenile offenders have not been sentenced yet and are detained here until their case is heard.

All prisons and jails have Security or Custody levels depending on the inmate’s classification, sentence, and criminal history. Please review the rules and regulations for County juvenile - low facility.

If you are unsure of your inmate's location, you can search and locate your inmate by typing in their last name, first name or first initial, and/or the offender ID number to get their accurate information immediately Registered Offenders

Satellite View of Angelina County Juvenile Center

Angelina County Juvenile Center's basic information to help guide you through what you can do for your inmates while they are incarcerated. The facility's direct contact number is 936-634-8689

The Angelina County Juvenile Center is a medium to low-security detention center located at 705 Ellen Trout Drive | PO Box 222 Lufkin, TX that is operated locally by the Juvenile Justice Department and holds youths awaiting the determination of punishment for the crimes which they are accused. Most of the adolescents are here for less than two years.

The Texas Juvenile Probation Commission works in partnership with local juvenile boards and juvenile probation departments to support and enhance juvenile probation services.

If My Child Is Detained At A Juvenile Detention Facility, When Will My Child Have a Hearing? A child is entitled to have a detention hearing by the second working day after the child is taken into custody. If the child is detained on a Friday or Saturday, the hearing will be on the first working day after the child is taken into custody. Reasonable notice of the time, place and purpose of the hearing must be given to the parents, guardian or custodian if they can be found. If a child has no parent, guardian or custodian present at the hearing, the judge will appoint a person to assist the child at the hearing (i.e., a guardian ad litem).

Will I Be Allowed To Speak During My Child’s Court Case? Yes. During the adjudication hearing the guilt or innocence of the child is determined. Parents are not allowed to speak during this hearing unless they are a witness or called upon by the court. The disposition hearing is where the court determines what the final result of the case will be. A parent, guardian or custodian has the right to submit to the court a parental written statement on a form provided by the juvenile probation department. The parent can also make an oral statement at the disposition hearing.

What Are A Parent’s Responsibilities In The Juvenile Justice System? As a parent, guardian or custodian of a child whose case is in the Texas juvenile justice system, you have certain responsibilities. Attendance at your child’s hearings is required by law under Section 51.115 of the Family Code. You also have a responsibility to help your child comply with any court-ordered conditions of release from detention or conditions of probation imposed by the court to the best of your ability. A juvenile court may order a parent, guardian or custodian to do certain things. You have a responsibility to abide by any court orders directed at you, including bringing your child to court as directed.

Can I Be Ordered To Pay Court Costs, Fees, Support and Restitution? Yes. A juvenile court may order a parent, guardian or custodian to do any act the court determines is reasonable and necessary for the welfare of the child. The court may order you to refrain from certain actions as well. You may also be ordered to pay support for the child if the child is placed out of your home. Additionally, you may be ordered to pay for the cost of treatment programs and restitution to victims of your child’s conduct. If the juvenile court appointed an attorney for your child, the court may order you to reimburse the county for the fees it paid to the attorney.

Do I Need My Own Personal Attorney When My Child Goes to Court? Possibly. The attorney who represents your child does not represent you, so you must decide if you need an attorney who will represent your interests in the event the court seeks to order you to do certain acts, refrain from certain actions or pay the costs of support, treatment or restitution.

What If I Violate A Juvenile Court Order? If you fail to comply with all applicable juvenile court orders, you may be found in contempt of court. The state may file a motion for enforcement against you and incarceration (jail) may be a possibility. If incarceration is a possible penalty at the enforcement hearing, you may be entitled to a court-appointed attorney if you are indigent and cannot afford to hire an attorney.

What If My Employer Will Not Let Me Miss Work To Attend My Child’s Hearing? Section 51.116 of the Texas Family Code provides that your employer may not terminate your employment if you are required to attend your child’s hearing. If you are terminated for attending the hearing or hearings, you are entitled to be reinstated to your former position. In this situation, you should contact an attorney immediately for legal assistance.

Will I Be Notified When My Child is Arrested? Yes. If your chi ld is taken into custody (arrested) by a law enforcement officer or juvenile probation officer, the officer must promptly give notice to the child’s parent, guardian or custodian as required by Section 52.02 of the Texas Family Code. The notice must tell you that your child has been taken into custody and the reason why.

Inmate Locator

Juvenile facilities overseen by Angelina County do not publish the names of the offenders housed in their facility. As such, there is no public forum for this information.

Visitation Information

The juvenile detention facility is required to provide you with the visitation policy of the detention facility. Under Section 61.103 of the Family Code, the parent, guardian or custodian has the right to communicate in person privately with the child for reasonable periods of time. The facility can control the time, place and conditions of the visitation in order to maintain facility security, safety and operations.

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!

Ask The Inmate

Ask a former inmate questions at no charge. The inmate answering has spent considerable time in the federal prison system, state and county jails, and in a prison that was run by the private prison entity CCA. Ask your question or browse previous questions in response to comments or further questions of members of the InmateAid community.