Delaware County PA George W. Hill Correctional Facility is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, Delaware County PA George W. Hill Correctional Facility offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
Extra InformationThis facility is for adult inmates.
The George W. Hill Correctional Facility is responsible for the incarceration of pre-trial detainees and persons serving a county sentence of two years less one day or a state sentence of five years less one day. Most offenders receive their first exposure to prison at the county level. In 2011, the prison maintained a daily average population of 1862 residents.
Programs currently available for the inmate population are:
- Adult Basic Education/GED Program
- Work Release Program
- Woodshop Training Program
- Alcohol and Narcotics Anonymous
- Sex offenders and Drug/Alcohol group therapy sessions
- Religious groups and Catholic Social Services
The County Prison extended its record of proficiency as a Penal Institution by achieving the following:
- Certification of the Prison by the American Medical Association as a Health Care Facility.
- Received an Excellent rating from the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections.
- Received an Excellent rating from the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- The K-9 unit continues to gain recognition thru the United States Police Canine Association.
- Certification by the American Correctional Association
Ask the Inmate
DO INMATES AT HIGH DESERT STATE PRISON HAVE A THANKSGIVING DINNER?
How can the inmate respond to my letter if he has no money in his commissary?
will an inmate get a letter if I dond have an inmate number
My husband just got transfered to dvi tracy he said he got 14 or 18 months he is validated and...
how do you find inmates next hearing
If there's death in the family, how can I contact the inmate?
I would like to no in Luzerne County correctional do theyes have welfare commisary that they offer to inmate
Is there anything that can be done to help speed the process in diagnostics?