Delaware County PA George W. Hill Correctional Facility is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, Delaware County PA George W. Hill Correctional Facility offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
Extra InformationThis facility is for adult inmates.
The George W. Hill Correctional Facility is responsible for the incarceration of pre-trial detainees and persons serving a county sentence of two years less one day or a state sentence of five years less one day. Most offenders receive their first exposure to prison at the county level. In 2011, the prison maintained a daily average population of 1862 residents.
Programs currently available for the inmate population are:
- Adult Basic Education/GED Program
- Work Release Program
- Woodshop Training Program
- Alcohol and Narcotics Anonymous
- Sex offenders and Drug/Alcohol group therapy sessions
- Religious groups and Catholic Social Services
The County Prison extended its record of proficiency as a Penal Institution by achieving the following:
- Certification of the Prison by the American Medical Association as a Health Care Facility.
- Received an Excellent rating from the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections.
- Received an Excellent rating from the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- The K-9 unit continues to gain recognition thru the United States Police Canine Association.
- Certification by the American Correctional Association
Ask the Inmate
- Do you get raped in County Jail, or does the threat only ...
- Could you please tell how I can send money to my son, who...
- So,my fiancè is in Bristol County House of Corrections, D...
- How do the past time at Calcasieu parish correct in cente...
- My husband was arrested for illegal reentry with previous...
- I am trying to send my son money. I get to the part that ...
- So is prison life harder on the younger crowd compared t...
- How does getting released on a signature bond work?