Platte Valley Youth Services Center is a low security correctional facility. Inmates are housed together in dormitories or cubicle housing. They are provided with access to programs and training that will help to rehabilitate them so that they’re ready to get their lives back on track when released. As a low security facility, Platte Valley Youth Services Center has a lower staff to inmate ratio than medium or high security jails.
Platte Valley Youth Services Center is a state prison. This facility is operated by
the state of Colorado and is used to house and
rehabilitate criminals. Inmates at Platte Valley Youth Services Center are generally
housed in locked cells during the night and are provided certain privileges such as
the use of a recreation area, TV, phones and in some cases may have a job within the prison.
Use the inmate search feature to find an inmate here.
Inmates at This Facility
Extra InformationThis facility is for juvenile inmates.
The Division of Youth Corrections is responsible for the operation of Colorado’s juvenile detention “continuum”. The continuum consists of community based screening to determine detention needs, community supervision strategies, and secure detention in facilities operated by or contracting with the Division of Youth Corrections. In Colorado, detention serves two purposes:
- To ensure that a youth accused of a delinquency appears for hearings ordered by the court; and,
- To sentence adjudicated youth for a period of up to 45 days as a sanction by the court.
All youth detained or placed under supervision programs in the community receive a hearing before a magistrate within 48 hours. For those held in secure detention, a decision is made whether the youth will be sent home on a community supervision and treatment plan or if further detention is warranted.
Ask the Inmate
- How is your time being in prison affecting your family?
- How do I set it up to get calls?
- how likely is it that an inmate would catch more time for...
- My son is afraid for his life. He was robbed last week by...
- Hello again. My husband is being held at Whiteville Corre...
- What is the legal limitations on prisoner being held in t...
- If you are turned away at the gate, because there was som...
- When I go to register on Western Union it says it is temp...