Last Updated: June 29,2020
General Facility Information
1181 Paddock Rd, Smyrna, DE 19977
State - maximum
Table of Contents of Visitation for DE DOC - James T. Vaughn Correctional Center (JTVCC)
Thank you for trying AMP!
You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!
Visiting hours for DE DOC - James T. Vaughn Correctional Center (JTVCC). For Directions call 302-653-9261
Sunday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Federal Holidays 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
No cellphones, you will be searched before visiting. NO personal belongings. Persons under probation, parole, or other community corrections supervision must obtain the permission of both their individual supervising officer and the superintendent prior to a visit. Such visitation is not normally approved.
If the visitor is under the age of 18 and is a family member of the inmate, they must be accompanied by an adult family member or guardian to include a member of the inmate's extended family. If the visitor is under the age of 18 and is not a family member of the inmate, the minor visitor must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
General Visitation Information
DE DOC - James T. Vaughn Correctional Center (JTVCC) - Visitation
- Visiting times are scheduled for Monday - Sunday:
- 9:00 am
- 10:00 am
- 11:00 am
- 12:00 pm
- 1:00 pm
- 2:00 pm
- To schedule a visit call the Institution the week prior to the requested visit. The visit scheduling desk is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding State holidays. Persons calling in Delaware can call: Persons calling from out of state can dial (302) 653-4828.
- Visits must be scheduled in Advance – Call on Monday through Friday to visit the following Monday through Sunday.
- Visitors must be at the facility a minimum of 30 minutes before the start time of the scheduled visit or you will be denied access.
- The quantity of visits and the length of visits is dependent upon the inmate's quality of life level.
- 2 adults/2 children 5 & under are permitted on the visit.
- Visitors' attire should be conservative and well groomed when entering the institution. Correctional staff will determine whether the visitor's clothing is appropriate based on the following guidelines: bathing suits; body suits; strapless or low cut, revealing tops; sleeveless shirts; tube tops; and any type of revealing clothing not adhering to the normal standards of decency will not be permitted. Dresses, skirts, culottes, and/or walking shorts must be no shorter than two inches above the knee, as measured from the bend in the back of the knee with the waistband in the normal position. Spandex pants, shorts, and leggings are not permitted alone. Leggings may be worn under a skirt. Any see-through material is not permitted.
- Visitors are permitted to bring money orders or cashier's checks, car key, and photo identification with full address. Visitors with infants are permitted to bring in one plastic baby bottle, one diaper, one small blanket, and two disposable wipes. No other items are allowed.
- Visitors must have a photo identification with complete, current address for any visitor age 16 and over.
- All visitors are subject to a metal detector search at the time of each visit. When deemed necessary, the security staff may request a more intense physical search. Should the visitor refuse to comply, they will be denied entrance and ordered off of the property.
- Talking to any inmate through institution windows or fences, or having conversations with any inmate other than in the assigned visiting area is strictly prohibited. Visitors must go directly to and from the visiting room/waiting area.
- Smoking is not permitted on State property.
- No property may be exchanged between an inmate and his visitor(s). All cards, letters, etc., must be sent out through the mail.
- Only one (1) inmate may be visited at a time. Cross conversations between other visitors and/or inmates is not permitted.
- Visitors and inmates alike must show respect for others visiting and keep all conversations in a low tone. Loud conversations, foul language, arguments, or fighting will result in cancellation of the visit and disciplinary action. We reserve the right to turn away any visitor due to intoxication, failing to obey the directions of officers, or generally misbehaving.
- Visitors who commit serious violations of visiting rules will be barred from future visitation.