What is the penalty for an inmate convicted of a Class B felony?
what does it mean in AZ when an inmate was found guilty of a Major violation for Attempt to commit class B felony?
My guess is that the inmate got into a violent fight where someone got hurt really bad - it could certainly be something else. He was probably taken to the SHU where they held a Disciplinary Hearing with a single Officer (the DHO) presiding. The DHO evidently found him guilty. Now, the punishment would include more time added to the sentence, plus a change of institution (to a higher security level with less privileges). Here are some examples of Class B Felonies
- Manslaughter: Manslaughter is a homicide that occurs in the heat of passion.
- Robbery: Robbery is a theft that involves the use of force.
- Arson: Arson is the intentional destruction of property by lighting fires.
- Distribution of narcotics: Distribution is the sale of illegal drugs.
- Aggravated sexual assault: A sexual assault that occurs under extreme circumstances.
- Reckless homicide: The defendant kills with extreme indifference for others’ lives.
- Assault with a dangerous weapon: Assault while utilizing a weapon.