FL DOC - Lowell Correctional Institution - Women is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, FL DOC - Lowell Correctional Institution - Women offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
Extra InformationThis facility is for adult inmates.
FL DOC - Lowell Correctional Institution - Women - Visitation
FL DOC - Lowell Correctional Institution - Women - Gaintime FAQ
FL DOC - Lowell Correctional Institution - Women - Florida Parole Commission
Extended Day Program:
In response to Chapter 958, Florida Statutes, mandating that those inmates who are youthful offenders be provided enhanced program services, the Extended Day Program was developed. This is a 16-hour daytime program provided at all youthful offender institutions that is designed to provide at least 12 hours of activities. The program is structured to include work assignments, education, including vocational and academic programs, counseling, behavior modification, military style drills, systematic discipline and other programmatic opportunities aimed at reducing inmate idleness and enhancing the young inmate's chance at becoming a law abiding citizen upon re-entry into the community.
- Adult Basic Education
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Special Education Services
- Title I Services
- Volunteer Literacy Program
- Culinary Arts
- Drafting Architectural
- PC Support Services
- Equine Care Technology (Main Unit and Work Camp)
Substance Abuse Programs:
- Intensive Outpatient
- Pre-Treatment Motivation Program
- Chapel Library Program
- Religious Education
- Worship Services
Institutional Betterment Programs:
- 100-hour Transition Program
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Fresh Start Smoking Cessation
- HIV/AIDS/STD Awareness
- Inmate Fitness
- Intramural Sports
- Law Library Program
- Library Program
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Step Aerobics
- Wellness Education
- Women Helping Women
Ask the Inmate
- Can we send care packages?
- is the person on my account notified when I made this acc...
- My kids father is in at RMC , for violation of state paro...
- Who can I contact to talk about trying get my husband clo...
- Is the prison food good?
- Can I use InmateAid to write a letter if the inmate is in...
- do inmates actually answer these questions?
- How do they know u setup an account for them to use and t...