San Francisco County Jail # 2 is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, San Francisco County Jail # 2 offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
San Francisco County Jail #2 is a “New Generation” direct supervision facility which utilizes pod architecture for inmate housing areas. This design plan offers deputized staff better visual and audio monitoring of the inmate population. The rated capacity for this jail is 392 inmates. Although County Jail #2 holds both men and women, it is the only jail where women are housed. This jail is used to confine both sentenced and pre-sentenced inmates.
This jail has its own infirmary in addition to a dental office and medical observation pod that provides specialized medical and psychiatric care to those with special needs. Medical care is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A variety of in-custody programs are offered to the inmate population. These include:
- SFSD FIVE KEYS CHARTER SCHOOL
- KEYS TO FREEDOM
- ONE FAMILY
Ask the Inmate
- Does this DISCOUNT TELEPHONE SERVICE really work??? I am ...
- How many photos can I send
- Can anyone give me a bossier maximum security facility co...
- Please I need a code to talk to my man
- I just wanted to know if my brother is Travis Lee Gray is...
- <div style="text-align: justify;"><span style="line-heigh...
- How do I get a phone call from Carlos coy?
- How is your time being in prison affecting your family?