Last Updated: January 07,2021
General Facility Information
4300 Community Ave, McKinney, TX 75071
County - medium
Visitation Table of Contents
Thank you for trying AMP!
You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!
Covid Visitation Information
As of March 18, 2020, registration and visitation rules have changed to protect inmates at Collin County TX Detention Facility and their loved ones during the COVID-19 outbreak. At this time, there are no in-person visits for family and friends due to the COVID-19 situation. Video visitation is available; details can be found below or call 972-547-5200, 972-424-1433.
- All visits through the video visitation system require the visitor to establish a user account.
Collin County TX Detention Facility - Visitation at 4300 Community Ave, McKinney, TX
- Monday 9am - 6pm
- Tuesday 9am - 6pm
- Wednesday 9am - 6pm
- Thursday 9am - 6pm
- Friday 9am - 6pm
All visits are non-contact and conducted through a glass partition. This facility may also have a video visitation option, please call 972-547-5200, 972-424-1433 for more information and updates to the current rules and regulations.
Inmates are allowed 2 visitors per day
General Visitation Information
Collin County TX Detention Facility - Visitation
All visitors must arrive 20 minutes before scheduled visitation time. All visits are 25 minutes.
Five additional minutes are added for walking time to Cluster.
- Please note that visitation times are subject to change without notice.
All visitors must be signed up to visit 20 minutes before visitation begins. Late visitors will not be permitted to go to visitation.
- Visitors will not be authorized to sign up more than one hour before visitation.
- All visitors are required to present valid identification displaying their photograph (example: a current Driver's License or Texas State Department of Public Safety Identification Card) in order to be issued a visitor's pass.
- Visitors must appear on the inmate's visitation list in order to visit.
- Only one adult visitor per inmate will be allowed each visitation day. Children will be allowed to visit on a space available basis. Children 16 years of age and younger will be allowed to visit only if they are a child of the inmate or visitor. This requirement would not apply to any individual who is legally married to an inmate.
- Cash money may be left for inmates Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Other approved items may be left anytime.
- The jail will not accept messages for inmates nor can inmates receive incoming calls.
- All mail must go through the Postmaster. Front Desk personnel are not allowed to accept mail of any kind.
- Visitors must follow all visitation rules and be completely and properly dressed. Persons wearing mini-skirts, sleeveless tops, transparent or provocative clothing will not be permitted to enter the facility. Shorts must be no shorter than 5 inches above the knee.
- No items are allowed to be taken back into the visitation area; this includes, but is not limited to (purses, backpacks, cameras, cell phones, etc.)
- The Sheriff's Office reserves the right to deny any visit when there is reason to believe that the visit is not in the best interest of the safety and security of the facility.