Reviewed on: October 07,2015

My boyfriend was sentenced to 1yr, and at his sentencing I heard the judge say 1yr with credit for time served. When he requested his release date it didn't reflect the time served instead it showed his release date as a year from his sentencing How does he get that corrected or how does he get the credit for the time he served.

Asked: July 30,2014
Ask the inmate answer
When the judge says, "time served", that means that whatever time he has accumulated awaiting the sentencing, is applied to the sentence. He should get with his counselor or case manager to make sure that he is getting proper calculation - they should then be able to give him a new "out date".
Accepted Answer Date Created: July 31,2014

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!