Atlanta City Detention Center (ICE) is a high security facility, also known as a penitentiary. Atlanta City Detention Center (ICE) has a reinforced perimeter. Inmates are either housed on their own or with another inmate. The safety of inmates is closely monitored, with a high number of staff and the movement of inmate movements around the facility closely managed.
Atlanta City Detention Center (ICE) is a City Jail
used by the jurisdictions of Southwest Atlanta to confine inmates for
short periods while awaiting trial or processing. As inmates are staying for only a short period,
it has fewer amenities than a jail or prison. Inmates do, however, have access to bathroom facilities
and are provided with meals during their stay. Atlanta City Detention Center (ICE) may also have
a common area in which inmates can socialize.
Use the inmate search feature to find an inmate here.
Inmates at This Facility
Atlanta City Detention Center (ICE) - Visitation
Atlanta City Detention Center (ICE) - FAQ
Friends and Family Visits
Wednesdays and Sundays: 8:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
To ensure adequate time to process visitors through security, all visitors must arrive 45 minutes prior to the scheduled visit time.
Visitors must present a valid verifiable government-issued identification card to enter the facility.
Visits shall not exceed 20 minutes.
Minors who are visiting the facility must be accompanied by an adult guardian (18 years or older). Minors must not be left unaccompanied in the waiting room, visiting room or any other area.
- All family or other social visits are non-contact.
- No firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted in the facility.
- If visitors are or appear to be intoxicated, visitation will not be allowed.
- All visitors are subject to search while in the facility.
- Visitors are not allowed to pass or attempt to pass any items to detainees.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry any items into the visitation area.
Ask the Inmate
- I just found out my family member was transferred to a di...
- If I send an inmate mail to AMKC at Riker's Island and it...
- do they check for warrants at jester 1 visitation?
- I just found out that someone I dated has been charged wi...
- I'm the victim in my husband's case. What do I got to do ...
- I am trying to set up phone services but am not sure what...
- If the inmate is en route to the jail and I mail somethin...
- <div style="text-align: justify;"><span style="line-heigh...