GDC - Dooly State Prison is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, GDC - Dooly State Prison offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
Extra InformationThis facility is for adult inmates.
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS: Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays
Houses medium security, general population inmates that may not be suitable for a county prison due to their offense or physical limitations. Provides Medical, Counseling, Education, Recreation, Library, Chapel, Fire Services, Farm Services, and General Work Programs for all inmates assigned. Has a fully operational farm that produces fresh vegetables for shipping to state facilities. Sex Offender Release Site. Host Facility for the McEver Probation Detention Center.
Operating capacity is 1702. Housing consists of nine living units of which the bottom range are 24 triple bunked cells and the top range are doubled-bunked cells 120 beds per dorm and one open living unit with four separate living areas, which contain 368 beds. There is one isolation/segregation unit that contains 71 beds. The Fast track Unit is double bunked and houses 256 beds. This facility also houses a C.E.R.T. Team, a Tactical Squad and a Fire Station.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- Academic:General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Literacy Remedial
- Counseling:Individual and Group Counseling, Sex Offender Psycho-Educational Program, Moral Recognition Therapy, Family Violence, Thinking for a Change, Lifers, Matrix Relapse Prevention, Matrix Recovery Skills, Ray of Hope, Re-entry Skills Building and TOPPSTEP.
- Recreation:General Recreation
- Religious Activities:Various Worship Services
- Vocational/OJT:Food Service, Laundry, Painter, Warehouse, Sanitation, Horticulture, Maintenance Repair, Mechanic Helper, Electrical Helper, Plumber Helper, Recycling, and General Clerk Aide for Library/Education.
Ask the Inmate
- do inmates actually answer these questions?
- How do they know u setup an account for them to use and t...
- what do you answer another inmate when he ask what your i...
- My friend violated his federal probation and was picked u...
- How can i help the father of my 3 children get released f...
- My husband is supposed to get released early into a halfw...
- Can inmate use their commissary to order things online or...
- My husband is in Pointe Coupee Detention Center in New Ro...