GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
Extra InformationThis facility is for adult inmates.
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS:Alternated Visitation Days (Saturday M-Z; Sundays A-L); State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house female offenders while operating a safe and secure facility. In addition: house female offenders that are medium and minimum security; and house Level II outpatient Mental Health offenders.
Seven open dormitories with 436 beds; and six (6) segregation/isolation cells.
Outside work details include assignments for Hart, Elbert, & Madison Counties; the Cities of Elberton, Lavonia, Royston, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Natural Resources.
- Academic:General Education Diploma, Literacy Remedial, Adult Basic Education
- Counseling:Moral Recognition Therapy, Matrix, Relapse Group, Motivation for Change, Re-Entry, Active Parenting, Family Violence
- Recreation:General Recreation
- Religious Activities:Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT:Custodial Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Laundry, Building Maintenance Repair, Food Preparation, Baker, Cook Apprentice, and Kitchen Helper
Ask the Inmate
- Could you please tell how I can send money to my son, who...
- So,my fiancè is in Bristol County House of Corrections, D...
- How do they past time at Calcasieu Parish Correctional Ce...
- My husband is in Tucson Az, He was in Flagstaff Az county...
- My son is 23 and is facing 23 more years in prison for mu...
- Can i bring money to green bay facility for my son?
- What do I have to do so the inmate can return my letter I...
- Jeff the icare doesn't work. Ask why it doesn't.