GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
Extra InformationThis facility is for adult inmates.
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS:Alternated Visitation Days (Saturday M-Z; Sundays A-L); State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house female offenders while operating a safe and secure facility. In addition: house female offenders that are medium and minimum security; and house Level II outpatient Mental Health offenders.
Seven open dormitories with 436 beds; and six (6) segregation/isolation cells.
Outside work details include assignments for Hart, Elbert, & Madison Counties; the Cities of Elberton, Lavonia, Royston, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Natural Resources.
- Academic:General Education Diploma, Literacy Remedial, Adult Basic Education
- Counseling:Moral Recognition Therapy, Matrix, Relapse Group, Motivation for Change, Re-Entry, Active Parenting, Family Violence
- Recreation:General Recreation
- Religious Activities:Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT:Custodial Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Laundry, Building Maintenance Repair, Food Preparation, Baker, Cook Apprentice, and Kitchen Helper
Ask the Inmate
DO INMATES AT HIGH DESERT STATE PRISON HAVE A THANKSGIVING DINNER?
How can the inmate respond to my letter if he has no money in his commissary?
will an inmate get a letter if I dond have an inmate number
My husband just got transfered to dvi tracy he said he got 14 or 18 months he is validated and...
how do you find inmates next hearing
If there's death in the family, how can I contact the inmate?
I would like to no in Luzerne County correctional do theyes have welfare commisary that they offer to inmate
Is there anything that can be done to help speed the process in diagnostics?