GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS:Alternated Visitation Days (Saturday M-Z; Sundays A-L); State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house female offenders while operating a safe and secure facility. In addition: house female offenders that are medium and minimum security; and house Level II outpatient Mental Health offenders.
Seven open dormitories with 436 beds; and six (6) segregation/isolation cells.
Outside work details include assignments for Hart, Elbert, & Madison Counties; the Cities of Elberton, Lavonia, Royston, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Natural Resources.
- Academic:General Education Diploma, Literacy Remedial, Adult Basic Education
- Counseling:Moral Recognition Therapy, Matrix, Relapse Group, Motivation for Change, Re-Entry, Active Parenting, Family Violence
- Recreation:General Recreation
- Religious Activities:Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT:Custodial Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Laundry, Building Maintenance Repair, Food Preparation, Baker, Cook Apprentice, and Kitchen Helper
Ask the Inmate
- Does this DISCOUNT TELEPHONE SERVICE really work??? I am ...
- How many photos can I send
- Can anyone give me a bossier maximum security facility co...
- Please I need a code to talk to my man
- I just wanted to know if my brother is Travis Lee Gray is...
- <div style="text-align: justify;"><span style="line-heigh...
- How do I get a phone call from Carlos coy?
- How is your time being in prison affecting your family?