GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women is classed as a medium security facility. It has a strengthened perimeter fence and electronic detection systems to ensure inmates stay within the facility. To help inmates prepare themselves to rejoin the wider community, GDC - Whitworth Detention Center - Women offers a wide range of work and treatment programs.
Inmates at This Facility
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS:Alternated Visitation Days (Saturday M-Z; Sundays A-L); State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house female offenders while operating a safe and secure facility. In addition: house female offenders that are medium and minimum security; and house Level II outpatient Mental Health offenders.
Seven open dormitories with 436 beds; and six (6) segregation/isolation cells.
Outside work details include assignments for Hart, Elbert, & Madison Counties; the Cities of Elberton, Lavonia, Royston, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Natural Resources.
- Academic:General Education Diploma, Literacy Remedial, Adult Basic Education
- Counseling:Moral Recognition Therapy, Matrix, Relapse Group, Motivation for Change, Re-Entry, Active Parenting, Family Violence
- Recreation:General Recreation
- Religious Activities:Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT:Custodial Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Laundry, Building Maintenance Repair, Food Preparation, Baker, Cook Apprentice, and Kitchen Helper
Ask the Inmate
- How can I send a letter to a inmate
- If you have an account set up with inmateaid for discount...
- Hi do you know any discount phone service I have securus ...
- What time does an inmate get released? My husband is sup...
- If I send photos through inmateaid, how are those photos ...
- How many calls does FCI Terre Haute have per week or month?
- what do you do if you live in another state that your per...
- Is prison rape real or just a story told to new inmates? ...