Reviewed on: October 22,2016

Found out my friend is in Big Sandy. What are some reasons he may have been put in there not familiar with this. Thanks in Advance

Asked: October 06,2016
Ask the inmate answer

Federal prison segregation is called the SHU, the Special Housing Unit. This is solitary confinement for either disciplinary reasons or administrative reasons. The discipline side could be for a variety of offenses like, fighting, stealing, having contraband (cellphone, drugs, cigarettes), failed drug or alcohol test, threatening another inmate, gambling and/or escape attempt.

Accepted Answer Date Created: October 07,2016