Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: October 19,2017

Good morning, How can an inmate get transferred to another facility? There having problems at the current location and want to be moved

Asked: October 19,2017
Ask the inmate answer

There are stipulations attached to an inmate transfer request. Depending on the facility, the inmate would have to be there a minimum amount of time (9-18 months) there before a transfer request would be considered. If their "problems" are live-threatening, the inmate can always go to their counselor and request administrative segregation. This would be a last resort as it is total isolation, but it is done in cases where the safety of an inmate is in question and the isolation is for their protection. Also known as protective custody (PC).

Accepted Answer Date Created: October 19,2017

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!