Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Reviewed on: April 04,2019

Hi.Just wanted to know how this works. My boyfriend was sentenced to 4 years of hard labor. Half at the parish jail and the rest at a re entry program.On a schedule 2 drug charge.How do I calculate the time? With the new non-violent law

Asked: April 03,2019
Ask the inmate answer

You have to start at 85% which is almost 41 months. For him to get any further reduction you will have to revert to the Judgement and Commitment which outlines what he is eligible for if anything above the 15% good time. The new "non-violent law " is actually a federal law and does not pertain to state sentences.

Accepted Answer Date Created: April 04,2019