Reviewed on: May 08,2019

If someone is given a federal charge while already being an inmate, how long until the inmate is moved to another facility?

Asked: May 08, 2019
Ask the inmate answer

The federal charge would have to be adjudicated in District Court to know the outcome. The inmate will be held in their current location to serve out the remainder of their sentence. During the court proceedings, the inmate will be transferred to a county jail in the jurisdiction where the indictment was handed down to face the federal charges. The time they do counts toward their accrued time.

Accepted Answer Date Created: May 08,2019

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!