Reviewed on: October 07,2015

My husband got sentenced for 6 mons in a state jail in Bartlett Texas. I was wondering if he would be able to get a shorter sentence with good behavior since reading some of these questions? Last I was told is that there is no good time served reduction for Texas state jails (tdcj). This is a 10 yr old case and he's had his fines paid off. If it is possible what can I do to help get him that or is it something only he can do and how? Thanks so much, Niki

Asked: June 18,2015
Ask the inmate answer
The rules in state prison are 85% of the sentence must be served, unless there is a parole provision in the Judgement and Commitment papers. There is a 15% good time reduction that is granted at the beginning of the sentence - the inmate can only lose that over time, not get more good time.
Accepted Answer Date Created: June 19,2015

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!