Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Reviewed on: October 07,2015

My husband got sentenced to 22 yrs max for 2nd degree murder he took a plea is there any way we can get his sentenced reduced he has served half of the time.

Asked: May 05,2015
Ask the inmate answer
When someone takes a plea deal, the reduction is included in the sentence for "taking responsibility".  Unless he has some information that will help the authorities solve another crime, he is likely to do 85% of the sentence. You might ask to see the Judgement and Commitment document from the judge's office, if there is a parole provision (state only) then there is some possibility for reduced time if the parole board elects to approve him for supervised release.
Accepted Answer Date Created: May 06,2015