Reviewed on: March 03,2020

My son went to court and did a plead if he took 5 he could get probation after doing 120 days it's in writing on his court papers, they didn't hold up to their deal, but like I said it's on his court papers what can we do about this?

Asked: February 15,2020
Ask the inmate answer

When a defendant pleads guilty, they make a deal with the prosecutor. That deal is contingent upon a number of factors, but one factor is that the judge has the final say. There are cases where the recommended plea is not followed by the judge at sentencing. The problem with a plea is that once you say you are guilty, you give up all rights to file an appeal. 

Accepted Answer Date Created: February 16,2020

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!