Immigration Detention Facility
General Facility Information
Table of Contents of Visitation for Imperial Regional Detention Facility (ICE) - MTC
- What time can I visit my inmate at Imperial Regional Detention Facility (ICE) - MTC?
- Where can I get a visitation application for Imperial Regional Detention Facility (ICE) - MTC? - Click to download.
- What are some of the do’s and don’ts of visitation?
- Visiting an Inmate - 10 easy steps you should know.
- First time in prison?
- A day in the life of a prisoner.
- How to quickly locate your transferred inmate?
- Visiting day at a prison - Things you should be aware of.
Visiting hours for Imperial Regional Detention Facility (ICE) - MTC. For Directions call 760-618-7200
Sunday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Federal Holidays 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
No cellphones, you will be searched before visiting. NO personal belongings. Persons under probation, parole, or other community corrections supervision must obtain the permission of both their individual supervising officer and the superintendent prior to a visit. Such visitation is not normally approved.
If the visitor is under the age of 18 and is a family member of the inmate, they must be accompanied by an adult family member or guardian to include a member of the inmate's extended family. If the visitor is under the age of 18 and is not a family member of the inmate, the minor visitor must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
General Visitation Information
Imperial Regional Detention Facility (ICE) - Friends and Family Visits
- Weekday visitation is available Wednesday through Sunday between 1 pm and 9 pm.. Although we make every attempt to accommodate such visits they are subject to availability of the Visitation Room and the security requirements of the facility.
- Detainees are allotted one hour for visitation. More time may be authorized by the Assistant Warden for family members traveling significant distances dependent upon the number of visitors and staff availability. A maximum of two adults and two children may visit at any one time. This regulation will be interpreted flexibly and is subject to exceptions.
- To ensure adequate time to process visitors through security, all visitors must arrive 45 minutes prior to the scheduled visit time.
Adult visitors must present a valid, verifiable government-issued identification card to enter the facility.
Minors who are visiting the facility must be accompanied by an adult guardian (18 years or older). Minors must not be left unaccompanied in the waiting room, visiting room or any other area.
Legal representatives of detainees are authorized to visit their clients during the following hours:
Attorneys and/or paralegals may visit detainees seven days a week , including holidays.
A list of pro bono (free) legal organizations will be posted in all detainee housing units and other appropriate areas. This list shall be updated quarterly. If a detainee wishes to see a representative or paralegal from that organization, it is the detainee’s responsibility to contact them for an appointment.
Consular officials may meet with their detained nationals at any time. It is requested that prior arrangements be made with the ICE Supervisory Deportation Officer to the extent possible, and that consular officials bring appropriate credentials when they come to the facility. The ICE Supervisory Deportation Officer for this facility can be reached at (760) 336-4601.
Clergy may visit detainees at any time, but must make prior arrangements with the Chaplain’s Office.
- All family or other social visits are Non-contact.
- No firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted in the facility.
- If visitors are or appear to be intoxicated, visitation will not be allowed.
- All visitors are subject to search while in the facility.
- Visitors are not allowed to pass or attempt to pass any items to detainees.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry any items into the visitation area.
Search Procedures (prior to or during all visitations)
All individuals requesting admittance to the facility or the visitation area are subject to a pat-down search of their person, an inspection of their belongings, and a metal scan search. Individuals refusing to cooperate with a reasonable search will not be admitted. No firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted. No electronic devices (cell phones, pagers, radios, etc.) are permitted in the secure areas of this facility.