Reviewed on: January 25,2018

Co-defendants wish to get married but they have a no-contact action, how should they do it?

my son & his girlfriend are co-defendants on one of their cases they have they told my son at court he cant have no contact with her part of his probation & shes had her court date & they didn't tell her this & they wanna get married when they get out how can they?

Asked: January 20,2018
Ask the inmate answer

They might have to wait until their case is heard. Our advice is to tell your son's attorney that they wish to be married and see if they can get permission from the court (ask the judge, not the prosecutor). If they were to be married, they could not testify against each other, maybe the prosecution doesn't want that to happen.

Accepted Answer Date Created: January 21,2018