Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: July 12,2016

Hi My husband is a nonviolent offender that hasn't been in any trouble while incarcerated. He was sentenced at 50%. My Question is how can his sentence be reduced to 35% understand the new retro active law that's for nonviolent offenders ?

Asked: July 10,2016
Ask the inmate answer
The new retro active law for nonviolent offenders is a federal statute that is related to a change in sentence calculations for certain drug offenses. If this is a federal sentencing question, inmates that are eligible can apply with their case manager. They will know if your inmate's sentence is provisional for a reduction. The 50% and 35% you mentioned is not something we are familiar with.
Accepted Answer Date Created: July 11,2016

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!