Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: April 17,2016

How does an offender handle a probation violation from another jurisdiction?

My boyfriend was a probation in Iowa he got in trouble in Illinois ended up taking a plea got sentenced and is serving his sentence since he was on probation in Iowa he revoked his probation so now there is a warrant in Iowa he is east moline prison and with a warrant he had to go to sig or shu how do we go about getting him to answer the warrant to get him out of sig

Asked: April 11,2016
Ask the inmate answer
Regardless of whether he answers the warrant now or later, he will still need to return to Iowa and face the original judge who put him on probation. They call this a detainer, where the current holding facility releases the inmate to the jurisdiction where the warrant was written. The likely outcome will be after he finishes his sentence in Illinois, the sheriff or marshal will be waiting to transport him to Iowa to be heard on the violation, and possibly service time in Iowa, too.
Accepted Answer Date Created: April 12,2016

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!