Reviewed on: February 01,2016

How do I press charges in a domestic dispute

My ex-boyfriend pushed me into oncoming traffic, by the grace of a loving God I was miraculously saved. He then proceeded to choke me while banging my head on a stuccoed wall. He was trying to snap my arm in two when the police arrived. The police officers saw the bruising on my forearm and commented on the marks around my neck. They questioned the witnesses who had called the police. The officers ended up putting my ex in handcuffs and taking him to jail. The very next morning my ex was released and his charges were dropped to one misdemeanor battery. My wrists, arms and upper arms are covered in bruises. I haven't been able to sleep because every time I close my eyes I see cars coming at me. I feel as tho I'm the one being punished. He should have gotten attempted murder. I now have to leave the state because he continues to harass me. Do I have any recourse? Can I ask the judge to give him classes?

Asked: February 01, 2016
Ask the inmate answer
The real question is how did he get released? You can only get redress if you press charges. You cannot expect the legal process to help you if you are not willing to sever the relationship and go after him criminally and civilly. Domestic abuse cases would proceed with vigor if the victims stop protecting their attackers.
Accepted Answer Date Created: February 02,2016

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!