Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: October 07,2015

They shipped my baby's father to Oklahoma. Both his grandmother and i had hardships and presented them to the judge prior to him being sentenced . How can we get him back to California?

Asked: November 14,2014
Ask the inmate answer
It sounds like your inmate is in the federal system. Oklahoma City is a Transfer Facility where the prison is actually on the grounds of the airport. The US Marshal Service runs the transferring of inmates to and from this facility - often referred to as "Con Air". If this is the case, Oklahoma is temporary for your inmate. You will not be able to effectuate any transfer requests, even the judge in his case can only recommend a location. Once they are in the custody of the Bureau of Prisons, they are property of the US Government and they have the final say where an inmate is incarcerated and what security level prison they must do their time. The final designation is not going to be made public until he arrives at his new destination. Once he gets settled into his new location - he must remain there for a minimum of 18 months before a transfer request can be entered. The BOP is known for honoring transfers if the inmate remains in good standing, no incident reports and programs well while at their current location.
Accepted Answer Date Created: November 15,2014

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!