General Facility Information
Table of Contents of Visitation for Los Angeles County Jail-Pitchess Detention North
- What time can I visit my inmate at Los Angeles County Jail-Pitchess Detention North?
- Where can I get a visitation application for Los Angeles County Jail-Pitchess Detention North? - Click to download.
- What are some of the do’s and don’ts of visitation?
- Visiting an Inmate - 10 easy steps you should know.
- First time in prison?
- A day in the life of a prisoner.
- How to quickly locate your transferred inmate?
- Visiting day at a prison - Things you should be aware of.
Los Angeles County Jail-Pitchess Detention North - Visitation at 29320 The Old Rd, Castaic, CA
- Monday 9am - 6pm
- Tuesday 9am - 6pm
- Wednesday 9am - 6pm
- Thursday 9am - 6pm
- Friday 9am - 6pm
All visits are non-contact and conducted through a glass partition. This facility may also have a video visitation option, please call 213-473-6100 for more information and updates to the current rules and regulations.
Inmates are allowed 2 visitors per day
General Visitation Information
LA County Jail-Pitchess Detention North - Visitation
VISITORS IDENTIFICATION: - ALL PERSONS must possess a current valid form of identification: State, County, GovernmentID, Passport, Military Photo ID, or Legal Credentials: US-born: US Birth Certificate [Hospital issued not acceptable], US Passport or Passport Card Non-US born: Foreign Passport w/ supporting documents: I-94 [Arrival/Departure] and US Visa, Permanent Resident Card or Resident Alien card
Walk-In Visits: *Due to the high volume of visits, we cannot guarantee a same-day visit. Walk-in visits are welcome but are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and are subject to availability. All registered visitors with a scheduled appointment must arrive 30 minutes before their visit for check-in. You must bring your visiting confirmation number/receipt, proper ID for every visitor, and all personal items must be stored in the visiting storage lockers or personal vehicles before lining up outside the visiting area. The visiting session will be announced when to enter the visiting center for the check-in
- Saturday: 7:00 A.M. -12:30 P.M.; 2:30 P.M. - 3:30 P.M.
- Monday: 9:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.; 2:30 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
- Sunday: 7:00 A.M. -12:30 P.M.; 2:30 P.M. - 3:30 P.M.
- Tuesday: 9:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.; 2:30 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Public Visiting Hours:
- Saturday and Sunday: 7:30-1:00pm and 2:00-4:00pm
- Monday and Tuesday: 9:30-1:00pm and 2:00-6:00pm
- Closed: Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Professional Visiting Hours
- Monday-Friday: 9:00-12:00pm and 2:00-5:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 7:00-12:00pm and 2:00-3:00pm
Members of the general public may visit inmates at any Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department jail facility. NOTE: Visiting hours vary and scheduled visits are subject to cancellation at any time and/or subject to change without prior notice. Random security checks of persons and/or their property are conducted and considered necessary to provide security for the facility, inmates, employees, and visitors.
Visitors must register in the Inmate Visitation System prior to scheduling an appointment with the inmate. To determine if your inmate can receive scheduled visits, logon to the Inmate Visitation System. You will be able to make an appointment with the inmate if the scheduling screen shows a list of time slots. You may contact Inmate Information (213) 473-6100, to verify if the inmate visit status is correct. *Inmates are allowed one visit per day, two per visiting week. (Sat - Tue) *A maximum of two people are allowed per each inmate visiting session. Children [17 and under] count as one visitor regardless of age.
Rental Lockers - *ONLY AN ID CARD AND A SINGLE KEY IS ALLOWED ON THE VISITING FLOORS. All Personal belongings MUST BE STORED in lockers (Storage locker rates may apply and will vary by facility location).
- All Registered Visitors must arrive 30 Minutes prior visiting start time for visit check-in. Visitors must bring their Confirmation Number/Receipt and Proper ID. [see Visitor Identification section]
- If anyone arrives late, please inform the officer immediately of your scheduled appointment as the visit is now subject to cancellation. Due to the high volume of visits, we will try to accommodate as best as possible to re-schedule your visit for another time block on the same day or other date/time. Visiting personnel will stop processing appointments 40 minutes after the hour.
- Dress code strictly enforced. Revealing clothing and/or gang-affiliated attire NOT permitted.
- All visitors must wear appropriate footwear and apparel.
- Bare midriffs, strapless tops, tube tops, and swimsuits are prohibited.
- Sheer (see-through) clothing is prohibited.
- The top of clothing shall be no lower than the underarm in the front and back.
- Shorts and Skirts shall be of an appropriate length.
- Shorts shall cover customarily covered areas of the anatomy, including the buttocks and crotch area, both when standing and sitting. Shorts no higher than mid-thigh comply.
- Clothing that depicts drugs, gangs, nudity or violence is not permitted.
- Shirts shall be worn at all times.
- Muscle or Sleeveless shirts are prohibited.
- Shoes shall be worn at all times.
- Visitors shall not bring Alcohol, Drugs or Weapons on the property, and will be subject to arrest for any violation.
- No person shall be under the influence of Alcohol, Narcotics or Drugs will be permitted to visit and will be subject to arrest.
- Any visitor disrupting the visiting process, within the visiting areas, will be cancelled and asked to leave the area
Visitors are subject to search at any time while on the property, and warnings are posted to that effect. Random security checks of persons and/or their property are conducted and considered necessary to provide safety and security for the facility, inmates, employees, and visitors. The following is a general list [but not limited to] items that are STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
- Cellular communication devices or Electronics, wireless devices
- Flash media and Cameras - Tobacco products and lighters/matches
- Carabineers’ or other climbing assisted implements
- Waterless hand sanitizer containing Alcohol
- No weapons of any kind [made of any shape, form or material/substance; ie., knife, guns, amnion, etc.]
- No drugs of any kind, in any form or substance [marijuana, cocaine, heroin, speed, etc.]
- No hygiene products of any kind [makeup, compact cases, soap, etc.]
- No medications or health aid products of any kind [prescriptions, over the counter, homeopathic/holistic etc.]
- No stationary or plastic products of any type or form