Last Updated: July 22,2021
General Facility Information
3908 Richmond Rd, Warsaw, VA 22572
Regional Detention - low
Visitation Table of Contents
Thank you for trying AMP!
You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!
Visiting hours for Northern Neck Regional Jail. For Directions call 804-333-6419
Sunday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Federal Holidays 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
No cellphones, you will be searched before visiting. NO personal belongings. Persons under probation, parole, or other community corrections supervision must obtain the permission of both their individual supervising officer and the superintendent prior to a visit. Such visitation is not normally approved.
If the visitor is under the age of 18 and is a family member of the inmate, they must be accompanied by an adult family member or guardian to include a member of the inmate's extended family. If the visitor is under the age of 18 and is not a family member of the inmate, the minor visitor must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
General Visitation Information
Northern Neck Regional Jail - Visitation
On-site visitation for the general inmate population is scheduled by the housing unit for a different day and time intervals. You must know an inmate's housing unit in order to know the visitation day and time. In lieu of getting the information from your loved one, there are several methods listed here to locate them and their visitation day/time.
Before planning your visit, you should know;
- Visitors are subject to a search upon entering the institution.
- Due to the size of our visiting area and number of inmates confined in the Regional Jail, the following restrictions apply to visitors.
- Inmates are allowed only one personal visit per week. Inmate trustees as listed are allowed one additional visit per week on Saturday or Sunday for a total of two visits per week.
- The maximum number of visitors per visit is limited to 3 family members or friends. Minor children under 18 count toward the total number of visitors an inmate can have and an adult must accompany them.
- Visits are limited to thirty minutes. This time cannot be broken up and used at a later time.
- Visitation periods for any given unit will be managed as two 30 minute slots. You can choose to visit during the 1st half-hour or the 2nd half-hour of any scheduled visitation period.
- If you choose the 1st half-hour, you must be signed in 15 minutes prior to its start. This allows us time to call up the groups for that visit and have them in the visitation area on time.
- If you choose the 2nd half-hour, you must also be signed in 15 minutes prior to its start. This allows us time to call up the groups for that visit and have them in the visitation area on time.
- No inmates will be called up for visits after the 1st 15 minutes of a visitation period.
- First Example: If the Inmate you are visiting has a visitation that begins at 0900 and ends at 1000: You must arrive 15 minutes prior to 0900 to visit the Inmate during the 1st half-hour. If you choose to visit during the 2nd half-hour you must arrive prior to 0915. If you arrive after 0915 you will not be able to visit.
- Second Example: If the Inmate you are visiting has a visitation that begins at 1:45 PM and ends at 2:45 PM: You must arrive 15 minutes prior to 1:45 PM to visit the Inmate during the 1st half-hour. If you choose to visit during the 2nd half-hour you must arrive prior to 2:00 PM. If you arrive after 2:00 PM you will not be able to visit.
Visiting Rules and Dress Code
- Visitors are required to identify themselves by presenting a current picture ID. Those without proper identification will be denied admission.
- Family and friend visitation is non-contact. This means that you are separated from the inmate by a glass partition. You can talk with the inmate via a private phone.
- Personal Items – All personal items, with the exception of vehicle keys and the necessary personnel and professional identification cards, are to remain secured in the visitor/vendor/contractor’s vehicle; unless in receipt of prior authorization from the Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, or designee.
- Food/Drink – Food/Drink is not permitted in the visitation booths.
- Electronic Items – All electronic items are prohibited, unless in receipt of prior authorization from the Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, or designee.
- the general rule of thumb for approved clothing is that which is casual dress and court appropriate.
- Visitors are required to wear all gender-related undergarments (i.e. underwear and bra).
- Strapless shirts and dresses are prohibited.
- Tank tops may not expose the bra or be low cut to expose cleavage area.
- See-through clothing is prohibited.
- Shorts and dresses must be no higher than 4 inches from the mid-knee cap.
- Clothing containing images or language that may be considered rude or offensive are prohibited.
- Visitors will be turned away and visits terminated for loud or disruptive behavior.
- Any visitor who attempts to smuggle contraband or unauthorized items into the Jail may be prosecuted.
- Misconduct by a visitor(s) may result in that person being prohibited from entering the jail for a specified time which shall be at the discretion of the Superintendent.