Reviewed on: November 01,2018

Can an inmate with probation violation be moved from one state to another? If so what's the odds of one being sent to Utah from Louisiana?

Asked: November 01,2018
Ask the inmate answer

Normally, the probation violation time must be served in the jurisdiction where the sentence was imposed. If this is a state charge in Louisiana, we highly doubt that a transfer would be granted. They are different systems with different regulations. And, violators are not typically granted any favors since they could not do the probation time without getting into trouble. Judges do not like seeing someone that they allowed an early release to come before them with a violation. Not the best move for the probationer.

Accepted Answer Date Created: November 01,2018

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!