Reviewed on: February 17,2016
How is Earned Release Supervision (ERS) determined?
If a person is receiving ERS time, why aren't they given a release date?
Asked: February 17,2016
Ask the inmate answer
When an inmate is sentenced to serve time, an Earned Release Supervision (ERS) date, a tentative release date and a maximum release date are configured. The earned release supervision date is based on an inmate serving a percentage of their sentence. For example, an inmate may be required to serve 85% of a sentence in a facility and is eligible to serve the remaining 15% on ERS. There are many factors that are considered in calculating an inmate’s ERS date. An ERS date does not automatically mean that an inmate will be released on that date. For instance, an inmate’s behavior while incarcerated is a key issue that is reviewed by the classification committee. When an inmate is near his ERS date, he receives a letter from the DOC. Once the inmate receives this letter, then it is the responsibility of the inmate to provide a residence address where he plans to live while on ERS. Once the address is received by the DOC, the address is then given to the correctional field officer that will be handling the inmate’s case. The probation and parole officer inspects the residence, meets with any family members that the inmate will be living with, etc., and ultimately determines if the residence is acceptable for the inmate to live while on ERS.
Accepted Answer Date Created: February 18,2016
My husband was given ISF time for tech parole violation. Decision made 9/17. He arrived...
If someone was convicted of manslaughter (hawaii) and was given an open 20, what does t...