Reviewed on: October 07,2015

Is an inmate allowed to attend funeral services of a mother that passed away if the family member is in another state? If yes what is the process?

Asked: April 07,2015
Ask the inmate answer
Funeral attendance requires the warden granting a furlough. Furloughs are rarely granted and one to another state is unheard of. The inmate will need to contact the chaplain and their counselor. There will be paperwork necessary to be submitted to the warden for approval. It is not a quick or easy process - and unless your inmate is in a minimum facility with a light sentence left to serve it is doubtful that it will be allowed.  
Accepted Answer Date Created: April 08,2015

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!