Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: October 07,2015

My fiance is serving 25 on an aggravated robbery /aggravated kidnapping charge. He was 21 when he went and has served 6 years. Is there any possible way he could get a time reduction.

Asked: February 01,2015
Ask the inmate answer
There is a possibility but the circumstances laid out by the judge will dictate whether it's even possible. If the judge allows for parole, then there is one potential option for early release. There are "good time" credits which exist for all inmates. The caveat is that they have to remain in good standing with the prison staff, with no incidence reports or trips to the SHU for bad behavior. The good time usually represents about 15% off. Finally, if the inmate knows something about other crimes where they can give "substantial assistance" to the government in return for time off. This one is a slippery slope because inmate who are known to "snitch" or "rat out others" to get a reduction are in a dangerous position while incarcerated.
Accepted Answer Date Created: February 02,2015

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!