Reviewed on: April 17,2016

My inmate's commissary account is being garnished, is another way to get him commissary money?

My spouse tells me that he owes so much money out to the dpt of corrections that even if i put money on his commisary it would be a waste b/c they would just use it and take it to pay his past due fines. I'm wondering what is the best way I can still have him receive commissary anyway, ethical or unethical replies acceptable and encouraged.

Asked: April 16, 2016
Ask the inmate answer
We have had similar questions on Ask the Inmate and have responded very honestly. Some inmates in your spouse's situation will work out a deal to "use the commissary account" of another inmate. You place the money in the other inmate's account and they buy the items your spouse wants. The inmates charge a fee which is usually some percentage of the total money deposited to buy some things for themselves. This is a common inmate-to-inmate service that is against policy but it happens a lot and the sheriffs do not seek to aggressively enforce it unless the two inmates end up fighting over the process.
Accepted Answer Date Created: April 17,2016

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!