Our staff will not be in the office for their safety - please email all communication requests to aid@inmateaid.com. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reviewed on: April 17,2016

Can you serve probation years in another state from where the offense occurred?

My girlfriend was arrested in California in July 2015, sentenced to 16 months and 3 years of probation, yet has a release date of March 2016, but we live in Nevada and have 3 small children, 3, 5 and 7, I was told she must serve probation in California, is there any chance probation can get switched to Nevada?

Asked: October 29,2015
Ask the inmate answer
It is unlikely. But there are instances where the probationer petitions the court and asks to have the terms served in another district. They might approve it if she offers to incur any extra cost of this transfer.
Accepted Answer Date Created: October 30,2015

Thank you for trying AMP!

You got lucky! We have no ad to show to you!